The United Nations:
DEFINES terrorism as the use or threatened use of violence for the purpose of achieving political, religious or ideological goals by non-state actors using methods aimed at coercing or intimidating governments or societies by targeting primarily and deliberately the civilian population and designed to change the existing political, religious or ideological order.
FURTHER DEFINES international terrorism as that which is conducted, organized and/or financed across international borders, as opposed to similar activities that might occur purely within the borders of a single nation, with the exception of such activities that might occur during times of war.
CONCERNED by acts of international terrorism that endanger the lives and well-being of people worldwide, as well as the peace and security of all States.
1. CONDEMNS all acts of international terrorism, irrespective of wherever and by whomever they are committed.
2. SUPPORTS efforts to combat international terrorism, as well as developing new international instruments to counter international terrorism.
3. DECLARES that every nation has the duty to refrain from organising, assisting or participating in international terrorism or acquiescing in activities within its territories directed towards the commission of such acts.
4. MANDATES that member states shall: A. Prevent, suppress and criminalise the financing of international terrorism and B. Freeze without delay funds or other financial assets or economic resources of persons who commit, intend to commit or facilitate the commission of international terrorist acts; of entities owned or controlled directly or indirectly by such persons; and of persons and entities acting on behalf of or at the direction of such persons or entities, including funds derived or generated from property owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by such persons or associated persons and entities
5. DETERMINED that member states shall: A. Refrain from providing any form of support, active or passive, to entities or persons involved in international terrorism, including suppressing recruitment by international terrorist groups and eliminating the weapons stockpiles of such groups; B. Deny safe haven or refuge to those who finance, organise, support or practice international terrorism; C. Ensure that any person who participates in the financing, planning, preparation or perpetration of international terrorism is brought to justice, and that such acts are established as serious criminal acts in domestic law and that the punishment reflects the gravity of such acts; and D. Afford one another the greatest measure of assistance in connection with criminal investigations or proceedings related to the financing or support of international terrorism, including assistance in obtaining evidence necessary for said proceedings.
6. URGES all member states to cooperate in preventing and suppressing international terrorism and in taking action against such act, though administrative and judicial matter, and the exchange of intelligence, especially regarding actions or movements of international terrorists; forged or falsified travel documents; the use of communications technologies by international terrorist groups; and traffic in arms, explosives, or sensitive materials -- particularly weapons of mass destruction -- by international terrorists.